Taylor has resolved cases at trial and through alternative dispute resolution. He is primarily focused on insurance and commercial litigation including construction defect litigation, trucking claims, premises liability, and first-party insurance disputes. Taylor’s construction experience includes representation of both general contractors and subcontractors in residential and commercial property disputes, including complex indemnity and additional insured matters. Taylor’s practice also includes consultation, negotiation, and contract preparation in commercial real estate transactions.
- Successfully achieved summary judgment for general contractor in multi-million-dollar construction defect case.
- Successfully achieved summary judgment in a complex product liability dispute with an operated shoulder and alleged traumatic brain injury which led to a de minimis settlement for Defendant.
- Successfully defended a subcontractor in a multiparty water intrusion construction defect litigation resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Successfully defended a general contractor in complex, multiparty construction defect litigation exercising risk transfer and indemnity provisions to limit liability.
- Successfully represented a fitness club in multiple premises liability cases resulting in efficient de minimis settlements.
- Successfully represented utilities contractor in personal injury litigation resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Successfully resolved dozens of first-party insurance disputes with favorable settlements.
- Obtained favorable jury verdict in first-party insurance dispute.
Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- Construction Law Section – State Bar of Texas
- Association of Former Students – Texas A&M University
- South Texas College of Law (J.D.)
- Texas A&M University (B.S.)
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
ARTICLES AND LECTURES:
- Speaker/Author, What is a Certificate of Merit and Who Cares? Cincinnati Insurance Company, Cincinnati, Ohio