As a litigator, Chris is comfortable in the courtroom. His experience includes representing clients in catastrophic injury and death cases involving 18-wheeler trucking accidents, in addition to first- and third-party insurance litigation, uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage cases, premises liability cases, slip and fall litigation, and several other unique automobile and personal injury matters. Chris is also very adept in using his research skills to narrow the issues in cases or win cases outright through dispositive motion practice. He works tirelessly to ensure that his clients’ interests are thoroughly protected throughout every stage of litigation.
Chris is head of the firm’s wills, trusts, and estates practice group.
- Bachelor of Science from Texas Tech University
- Master of Sport and Entertainment Management from the University of South Carolina
- Juris Doctor from Elon University, School of Law
- Successfully represented casket delivery company in negligent hiring, supervision, and training case where employee was found to be intoxicated while on the job where multiple plaintiffs sought relief of over a million dollars resulting in a global settlement of under $100,000.
- Represented corporate trucking clients involved in accidents, both fatal and non-fatal, from almost immediately after an accident. This includes initial client contact to ensure that all documents are preserved in accordance with any preservation of evidence letters; organization and attendance of vehicle and scene inspections working with a variety of accident reconstructionist experts; investigation in claimant and their involvement in the incident; providing initial liability and damage opinion to carrier; and representation after suit has been filed, if necessary.
- Represented insurance carrier in first party claim for breach of contract, unfair settlement practices, and breach of duty of good faith & fair dealing for failure to pay claim when it became reasonably clear that carrier had duty to make payment which resulted in negotiated settlement for about 10% of what plaintiff sought at trial.
- Successfully negotiated settlement for approximately 10% of plaintiff’s demand in first party claim for breach of contract, unfair settlement practices, and breach of duty of good faith & fair dealing for failure to pay claim when it became reasonably clear that the client had a duty to make payment.
- Successfully reached a settlement of under $100,000 when multiple plaintiffs sought relief over a million dollars in negligent hiring, supervision, and training case where employee was found to be intoxicated while on the job at a casket delivery company.
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Associate