Chris is the chair of the wills, trusts, estates and probate section of the firm and counsels clients in all aspects of their estate planning. He has experience drafting and preparing estate planning documents for non-taxable estates. He also has experience in assisting personal representatives in the administration of an estate. Chris believes that his caring nature allows him to serve his clients and act as a guide through the difficult decisions that come with either estate planning or estate administration. Chris also believes that it is his duty to assist those in need and makes a habit of assisting the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Association and offering his services to those truly in need.
As a litigator, Chris is comfortable in the courtroom. He has argued in front of State and Federal Courts across the state of Texas. He has represented clients cases involving catastrophic injury and death. He has represented individuals as well as companies in litigation. Chris has defended and prosecuted first- and third-party insurance litigation, uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage cases, premises liability cases, slip and fall litigation, and several other unique automobile and personal injury matters. He has taken and defended hundreds of depositions in his career. Chris is also very adept in using his research skills to narrow the issues in cases or win cases outright through dispositive motion practice. He works tirelessly to ensure that his clients’ interests are thoroughly protected throughout every stage of litigation.
- Bachelor of Science from Texas Tech University
- Master of Sport and Entertainment Management from the University of South Carolina
- Juris Doctor from Elon University, School of Law
- Speaker (section chair) Smith Parker Elliott Conferences (Spring 2022, Fall 2022)
- Successfully represented casket delivery company in negligent hiring, supervision, and training case where employee was found to be intoxicated while on the job where multiple plaintiffs sought relief of over a million dollars resulting in a global settlement of under $100,000.
- Represented corporate trucking clients involved in accidents, both fatal and non-fatal, from almost immediately after an accident. This includes initial client contact to ensure that all documents are preserved in accordance with any preservation of evidence letters; organization and attendance of vehicle and scene inspections working with a variety of accident reconstructionist experts; investigation of the claimant and their involvement in the incident; providing initial liability and damage opinion to carrier; and representation after suit has been filed, if necessary.
- Represented insurance carrier in first party claim for breach of contract, unfair settlement practices, and breach of duty of good faith & fair dealing for failure to pay claim when it became reasonably clear that carrier had duty to make payment which resulted in negotiated settlement for about 10% of what plaintiff sought at trial.
- Represented insurance carrier’s interest against towing companies who were acting outside the requirements of the Texas Occupational Code which resulted in the insurance carrier not having to pay for storage or towing fees.
- Real Estate, Probate, & Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Associate Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Associate
- Member, State Bar College
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Florida
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern District